Below are the 4 most recent journal entries.
Cruelty towards animals in Chernihiv, Ukraine. Please HELP!
Let us tell you some recent facts about cruelty towards animals in Chernihiv, Ukraine
1. Instead of putting an animal to sleep with the use of euthanasia (i.e. the act of killing an animal painlessly), the animal service uses dithylinum (suxamethonium chloride), a poison which paralyzes the animal and causes it to die of suffocation in a few hours of agony. There is ample evidence that the poor creatures are still conscious and feel all the pain before they die. It is often the case that animals are beaten with legs and metal sticks, whereupon they are buried alive.
2. 20.04.2007, the "Yasen" factory area: the dog named Lisa (the one with a collar) was killed close to her home, and 25.04.2007 several dogs, who also had their owners, were brutally killed nearby the houses and yards they used to live in.
3. 8.06.2007, Savchuk St.: a pregnant dog named Betty, who used to live in the yard for 10 years, was cruelly slaughtered before people's eyes. Since the poison dose was not enough, the dog was trying to crawl away, but the bastards got into the car and ran the dog over. On hearing about this horrible accident, an elderly man, who used to take care of this dog, went deep in shock and his feet failed under him.
4.20.06.2007, Odintsova St.: a puppy (vaccinated and wearing a collar) was brutally killed before the children's eyes (there is a kindergarten nearby).
5. Winter 2007: the workers of the animal service were trying to beat a little dog (only 25 cm high) to death. The dog lost its eye and a jaw. The woman who was trying to rescue the dog was threatened with poison.
6. Little puppies are thrown into a pit to their dying mother, where they suffer of hunger and heat for several days, and then slowly die.
7. The service charges only UAH 1.6 to kill a dog, whereas the city administration allocates UAH 100 per 1 dog!
Help us stop the bloody slaughter! Sign the petition!
THANK YOU for not being indifferent
Please contact us at:
Volunteers of Stray Animals Support Forum,
YAY! new member!
Cat & Dog Fur Trade
Hello everybody, the purpose of this community is to shed light on the abuse and cruelty suffered by animals all over the globe, it is so shameful that we do these things to such beautiful animals, i will be posting things that i find around the internet, particularly from www.hsi.org of which i am a member. I hope that i get at least a few members, you can feel free to post anything that you like about the cause, any pictures or information you find and such.